Monday, October 13, 2014

September is a wonderful month

I don't know why September is a wonderful month probably because it is officially FALL! Fall is my favorite season. I love the leaves changing colors, the cool air in the morning, and pumpkin anything. I think I started loving pumpkin bread when I was a young teenager. My mom would make it in tiny loaves and put them in our lunches for school. I love love LOVE pumpkin anything! I am a little afraid to try pumpkin egg nog though. I love egg nog too.

September 4th- Auntie Briar came to visit for 10 days. One night B and Grumpa had a bonfire at their house per request of Briar. It was really big and hot. Oliver loves looking at fire and so this was Christmas to him. He kept saying, "wow!" It was cute and I am also kind of concerned with his interest in fire. Some mornings he wants to light up matches. At first I allowed it and now I don't because we need those matches. Anyway, at the bonfire they served hot dogs with chips, marshmallows(one of O's favorites), and watermelon (another one of O's favorites). In fact Oliver is in love with watermelon. He could eat a whole one if I let him. Seriously, he eats slice after slice after slice. Well before we left the bonfire to go home Oliver was still eating a watermelon, more like the rind. Daddy took it from him and threw it into the fire. Oliver DID NOT like that action and teared up and then started crying. My heart strings were being pulled and so we went inside to get him another piece. Actually, we sat down in front of the watermelon tray and he ate a few slices. We took one for the ride home. He was comforted and content after that.

-O says, "tissures" for scriptures

8th- Oliver got transferred to a big boy bed! YAY! His reaction was priceless. He watched daddy take apart his crib and put together the toddler bed. Oliver loves working with daddy on these kind of projects. When he realized his new bed was done and that it was his. He clapped for joy and ran to his new bed a laid in it. He rolled around in it for a bit and would get in and out of his bed. You could say he was enjoying his new found freedom. Oliver also climbed up the headboard of the bed and did a little flip off of it onto the bed. It was cute to see his excitement. That first night in his big boy bed he only woke up once. We were surprised. He almost slept the entire night in it. A month later he now sleeps the entire night in his bed and takes naps in it too.

9th-This is the first morning that Oliver got to experience getting himself out of his own bed. I remember when he was first born Quentin and I would talk about the future and the things we are looking forward to. Well one of the things we talked about was our kids waking up and coming to our room and bouncing on us begging us to wake up. This morning we got to experience that. Oliver came to my side of the bed, put a car on my face and then caressed my cheek ever so softly I woke up smiling. When I opened my eyes he had a HUGE smile on his face. I think it is safe to say that he loves his freedom. We don't close the door all the way because we don't want him to feel like he is trapped in his room. Lately he wakes me up by opening my eyelid and saying, " Ake up! Ake up! Noman?" He got that off of the movie Frozen. Noman mean snowman and he is trying to wake me up because that is how Anna woke up Elsa when they were little kids. I find it so cute and funny.

-Oliver has been learning a new word everyday. One day I taught him the word, squeeze, and then proceeded to squeeze him. He laughed! He repeated back to me the word and I laughed because of the way he says it. Whenever he wants to be squeezed he comes up to me or daddy, holds his arms up and says, "Queez!" It is adorable to see him grow and learn his personality. I think that I have learned that his love language is physical touch.

-Oliver has learned to make bubbles with his mouth and will literally sit in one place for half an hour just blowing bubbles with his mouth. He leaves a load full of drool on his shirt, face, and wherever he is sitting which is usually the couch or the floor. Big wet spots were had.

20th- Oliver and daddy go to the dump together for some man time dropping our trash and recyclables off. I gave O a hug and kiss and told him to have fun. He looks at me and says very clearly, "Have fun!" I was so surprised and proud.

Oliver LOVES saying prayers. Well he doesn't actually say the prayer. He mostly folds his arms, comes to us and asks for us to say a prayer. Sometimes we say 3 meal prayers or until he is satisfied that we have talked to God. He will randomly stop playing, reading, or doing whatever he is doing and fold his arms and ask for a prayer. I remember one time we were playing outside throwing rocks into the stream and he suddenly stopped. He turned to me, arms folded, and asked for a prayer. I said the prayer thanking God for this beautiful earth and the joys that it gives us. Afterwards he gave me a kiss and started throwing rocks into the stream again. I love his tender spirit.

-Says 4 as, "ahch" I have not idea why.

After dinner, Q washed O's hands and he runs to me saying, "Hey mom! Hey mom!" It melted my soul and my heart rejoiced. I love hearing him call me mom.

PICTURE TIME!:

So I went through the pictures and was surprised that we didn't take a lot of pictures in September. I guess we were either busy, lazy, or just forgot to take pictures of our awesome moments. But there are some pictures worth putting on here so here ya go.

This is from Quentin's hike on Table Rock.

Except this time these pictures are in the fall.


Beautiful.

Fall is my favorite season and I love living in New Hampshire at this time of the year.

Asa trying to whistle in the wind.

My, um, husband, doing something.

My handsome man.

Before all his hikes I tell him to be careful and he says he will. Then he takes pictures like this and shows them to me. He likes to give me a fright. He is right on the edge by the way and there is a drop off on just RIGHT there.

Oliver likes rocks,

and sticks.

I love his profile.

And the faces he makes. He makes me giggle.

Observing daddy and Uncle Asa.

Look at those chubby cheeks and beautiful eyes.

Brothers.

Daddy being cool.

Oliver splashed himself in the face haha

Uncle Asa creeping on daddy.

Thoughtful brothers.

And manly brothers.

Oliver found a big stick.

This is at Quentin's parent's place.

Beautiful autumn leaves.

I seriously love their land. I love coming here and relaxing. Oliver does too.

My handsome little man. 



No comments:

Post a Comment