Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The month of July

From my notes not a whole lot happened except that almost ALL of Quentin's siblings came to visit. That was a blast by the way. Oliver got to meet a lot of his cousins too. He really liked Issac who is a year older than him. There was one time they exchanged a kiss which I thought was strange but cute at the same time.
The only thing on my Post It note other than family is this: Oliver just woke up from a nap and I went in his room to get him out of his crib. I picked him up, he slid out of my arms and ran into daddy's office. He climbed up on daddy's lap and said bye to me. I was kind of offended so I walked away. I came back and was out of site and I saw Oliver laying in Q's lap with a huge grin on his face playing with Quentin's face gently. It was such a tender moment it made me smile and appreciate that little gesture of love they shared. I love seeing them together. It feels my heart with warmth and happiness.

So family came to visit right? Quentin's older brothers, Tanner and Abe, and their families came to visit. Hillary (the sister below him) came to visit a week before they did. One of Q's younger brothers, Caleb came around the time Abe did. Lara, Ivy, and Q live here so there were 6 of the 11 here all at once. That is amazing, especially for them. They are all spread out over the United States and hardly come to visit their parents. Lucky for Brenda and Dan, they have 4 kids living in New Hampshire right now but only 2 are permanent.

Nothing happened in July except for family visiting and that took up almost the whole month. I am just going to show you what happened in July through pictures because they say more than I do. Beware, it might be  A LOT of pictures. Quentin and I took a lot.

This was our hike on July 4th.

We went to Screw Auger Falls. And Oliver hiked all by himself the entire trail. He is a nature boy!


Apparently sometime ago a moose fell into this deep hole and somehow got out. I don't know how he did it.



This is the hole the moose fell into. I don't know if you can tell how deep it is but it is scary deep. I wouldn't want to fall in it.



Oliver LOVES wearing this hat. I think he might collect them. 

My little man. My heart and soul. My everything. Look at those cheeks!

This was some kind of moss. It was white and REALLY soft and fuzzy. 

Auntie Ivy came on the hike with us. I guess I should mention our July 4th plans. The plan was to attend the parade, go home pack a picnic and then go on this hike, then go have a barbecue up at Quentin's parent's place with other family members. Well it was dark and rainy that day so they cancelled the parade and it was going to happen the next day. People didn't want to have the barbecue in the wet so that was moved to the next day as well. So we just went on the hike as planned along with a picnic.  

Auntie Ivy defeated the rock.

Quentin took this picture. (He takes a lot of the pictures actually, such a good photographer)

Daddy  was up on a rock and Oliver wanted to climb up to where he was. This is his attempt.

And here I am.

Quentin taking pictures of me.

Oliver was determined to find a way to get up to daddy and he did. Through a narrow tunnel.

HA! I got the camera. And I took a picture of my handsome husband.

This is our attempt at a family photo.

Unsuccessful haha

This is how we are people. Dramatic.

I love my husband and I am glad that he is my eternal companion.


Quentin taking pictures of his "bride" as he still calls me. 

This is at the parade. These are 2 of O's cousins, Chase and Maya. They live in Colebrook as well which is lucky for us.

Oliver loved the firetrucks and all the noise they made.

Quentin's Nana in the blue, his Great Aunt Sandra standing up, and I don't know the other lady.

Quentin's dad and his loverly face.

It was a hot day so we filled the kiddy pool up.

O enjoyed it.

Until Sarah (some how related) came and joined.


Playing with a dead crawdad at Beaver Brook Falls.

You know who O and I are. The lady in yellow is Quentin's sister(the one right under him) is Hillary, and Ivy(the baby of the family).

Beautiful Beaver Brook Falls.


Hillary posing.


And again. Isn't she a beauty?

This is Auntie Rachel and her son, Soren, reading a book outside.

Oliver playing with cars, what else?

Lining them up.

Cousins! The one in green is Soren's little brother, Liam. The one in gray is Sammy.

This is Sammy's mom, Holley, and his two brothers Issac (naked) and Ethan(laying down).

Have you guys ever seen that picture of Leonardo DeCaprio and his happy walk? This picture of 
Oliver reminds me of that. 

Quentin sneaking a picture of me in. Look at my belly! I think I am 23 weeks in this picture.

Adorable Liam.

I could just gobble him up.


They didn't really get along. They didn't like sharing toys.

Ethan blowing sand up.

Soren burying his hand.

Sammy is another favorite of mine. Mainly because he can hold still and snuggle and fall asleep in your arms.


Liam was throwing sand at Quentin and his camera and both Quentin and Liam's mommy, Rachel told him not to. Liam ran away and had himself a pitty party. He looks so cute sulking. 

Rachel thought so too and just had to chase her sweet boy.


Love those little lips.

He loves walking sticks.

And rocks.

This is Quentin and 5 of his siblings.Remember there are 11 kids. From left to right: Caleb, Lara, Abe,Quentin, Tanner, and Ivy. Oldest to youngest? Abe, Tanner, Lara, Quentin,Caleb, Ivy.

The parents and grandparents wanted to get a cousins picture. Caleb was the kid magnet. I like how Issac is blaming his mom for putting him on Caleb's shoulders. 

There were many attempts to get a good picture. 

Also many attempts of runaways. 

I think this was the best that we could get. 

Abe and his dad share the awesome crazy hair gene.



Yeah I don't know what I was doing. Probably tired and wanting to be in my bed. 

The gang. We were celebrating the July birthdays which was Abe and Caleb.

Celebrating with pie of course. 

Time to play chase.


Liam going in for a spanking of Uncle Q or Nano as he calls him.

That lip! haha

Tanner, Issac, and Holley.

Nana and Caleb.


One day I went into the cabinet to make some breakfast and I found this. It made me smile from ear to ear. 

As does this.

I'm telling you, he LOVES that hat.

This was before church that is why he is all handsome looking.

My precious goober!

They wanted Q to take a family picture of them.

Aren't they cute?

Well that was July. Glad it is over with. I remember it being a stressful month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment