Friday, August 22, 2014

End of 2013 update

Here is an end of the 2013 year update:

11 Months- Oliver runs away from diaper changes.
11-30-13- Oliver is trying to jump. He makes little grunts. He laughs when Q jumps. I love seeing my boys together.

December- O loves eating snow, watching the plow guy with his front end loader plowing the snow and making mountains in our front yard.
O is scared of the Christmas tree. He got use to it Christmas Eve and started picking at it Christmas day.


This post is also going to include our 2013 Christmas day. I don’t remember all the happened so I am going to just put pictures up of our loverly Christmas. 

Oh sure now that I have gone through the pictures some memories came back. On Christmas Eve, Quentin and I  wrapped presents. We sat on the floor in our bedroom on either side of the bed. That way I couldn't see what he got me and he couldn't see what I got him. I remember we had a struggle sharing the tape and scissors. It was real fun though. I also remember that Quentin woke up at 3 in the morning because he was just so excited about Christmas. He came into our room snuggling up real close to me at about 6:30 (If I remember correctly) in the morning waking me up. I asked him what's up and he says, "I can't wait any longer, can we celebrate Christmas right now?" I look at the time and in my head I thought, "Oh heck to the NO!" But I said something completely different to him. I got up reluctantly. We waited around a bit and then Quentin went and woke up Oliver. 
That is all I remember. So now here are the pictures because I know that is what y'all want:


Quentin took pictures of the Christmas tree from the in my eye.

I think it is pretty cool.


Here is our Christmas tree with presents under it.
( I think this year I am going to be smarter and have a tree skirt because it took at least a week to get all the pine needles vacuumed.)

Our stockings.

I wanted a white a gold theme Christmas tree this year and Quentin was kind enough to let me have what I wanted. We usually do a blue tree.

See that glass bottle? Yeah I made that. Thank you Pinterest!



My mom got us these ornaments for our first Christmas. We like 'em.

This is my, "I'm tired! Why are you taking pictures of me?" face.

Here is Oliver's tired face.




It had peanut butter M&M's inside which is my favorite so bonus points for the husband.

Look at him. He is so cute! 


My handsome husband with his favorite mints.

Oliver was interested in our presents or us opening our presents.


You can tell that I really loved getting this present. It was thermals which I really needed for the cold winter.

He got 2 wooden cars from Grandma Rowan.



Look at that face.

I built him a tower out of his cardboard blocks and....

He knocked down the tower. 
(He is more into building towers and THEN knocking them down nowadays.)

B and Grumpa's Christmas tree.

Getting ready for the Christmas feast. Brenda's pies are the best I have ever tasted. I look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas.


There you have it. The end of the year update. Now onto 2014!









No comments:

Post a Comment