Friday, August 22, 2014

2014 update January-March

I’m slowing catching up. I have a friend who is catching up on her blogs as well and she just got done with May. I don’t feel as bad. When you have kids it is hard to get on the computer because they are interested in the computer and they want your undivided attention. So you put the computer away until they are down for their nap and then you remember that you have to make such and such for someone, do this chore and that chore, make appointments, eat, or whatever else that pops into your head. The blog never gets written or finished. It is a slow process but I don’t mind because I am spending quality time with my child and that is more important. I do wish people would have patience and quit asking me when I am going to update my blog. Today Quentin’s mom, the grand kids call her B, has Oliver and his cousins Chase and Maya. I am determined to get some blogs done.
I have made it through the 2013 blog posts. Now onto 2014! Hey better late than never right? I will tell you now that I am pregnant (more details in a different post) and that this pregnancy hasn't been very nice to me. Seriously. This pregnancy makes me want to never be pregnant EVER again. Also life get more difficult when you have a toddler running, climbing, moving chairs and playing with dishes, and just won’t stop moving. Oliver is a very active boy but what boy isn't right? I like seeing him grow and that he is a healthy, adventurous, curious, and happy child. I love him so much.
Okay now moving on to January 2014. I have notes on what has happened so I’m not going by memory here though something from my memory may come up and I’ll add that.

January-
25th- O’s morning nap involved me nursing him with a car in his hand. (By the way that was one of his first words.)
26th- This happened when we got home from church at around 5 p.m. After I put O down for his nap I came out to a candle lit snack on the counter that Quentin put together. He pretended to be my butler. It made me smile and giggle. I love that man so much.
Oliver cries if he can’t have his car pop-up book read to him before he goes to bed each night. I tell you what that boy LOVES cars. He now has a collection of them. I think he has around 20.

February-
Oliver has learned to clean up his messes. He puts toys away, somewhat makes his bed, throws trash away including his changed diaper. He is such a good helper. (Now we that we are in June he does more chores. He helps daddy take out the trash. We have little trash cans that are in the bedrooms and the bathroom and Oliver is in charge of taking those to the big trash can in the kitchen. He likes to help with the dishes but it makes a big mess so he doesn't do it very often. He sweeps the leaves and dirt around outside. I am proud of my little man.)
27th- Today O crawled towards me to give me a kiss but instead shocks my nose. I remember it hurting really badly. I think I might have screeched and that scared him so he tried to comfort me.
Sometimes we walk around the house while dressing him. He doesn't like to hold still while getting dressed.

March-
3rd- Quentin got teary eyed because we didn't have enough milk for breakfast.
4th- O saw a mouse for the first time. He helped daddy release it from our kitchen to the front yard. I remember this day because I am deadly scared of mice. There was still snow outside so they released the creature into a snow bank.
8th- Oliver and I were sitting together in a chair just snuggling. I started to yawn when he immediately puts his face up to my mouth to see what was inside it. He interrupted my yawn which is rude (yawning is precious) but I laughed because it was funny that he was interested to see what was in my mouth.
Our bodies are like jungle gyms to Oliver. He loves horseback rides on daddy’s back.
Oliver has amazing balance. He climbs up and down everything now. He moves chairs and stools around to get to where he wants to climb up on.
25th- Quentin was brushing my hair and he came upon a tangle. I yelped out, “OUCH!” Oliver thought Q was hurting me with a brush and started crying. He came to me and sat down in my lap. I tried to comfort him by showing him that I was alright by brushing my own hair.
-I think it was this month that we found out we are pregnant. 

Oliver is very into numbers. His favorite book is Corduroy a counting book. He can count to three and he is learning to count with his fingers. He is always counting things like his cars, toes, crumbs of food left on his plate. Oliver is very into books as well and that makes me happy because both Quentin and I love reading. That is the first thing Oliver wants to do when he wakes up is start reading ALL his books on his shelf. I like catching him reading a book to himself on the couch or chair or even the floor. I've caught him sitting in my bed lying against the pillows reading (more like looking and flipping through the pages) a book that sits on my nightstand that I am reading. He makes me proud.

Now for some pictures because I know that is the only reason you are on this blog is to look at my adorable son. Its alright, I look at pictures of him when he is taking a nap or when he is away at B's.

January-
Playing with my boy.

His chessy smile.


I love my wild child so very much!

And he loves me too.

I love it when he makes this face.

Got tired of wrestling his momma.

I had to fix my hair and he thought it was fun to play with my hair.

"DAD! Don't take a picture of me falling. Embarrassing!"

There is that face again.

His stern face.

Happy!

Really happy.

And now he is telling me to stop taking pictures of him.

You will almost certainly always see him with a car in his hand.

Mommy and Oliver :)

February-
Look at those eyelashes.



Aren't they long?

Oliver was watching me scrap snow off the sides of our roof and Quentin took a picture.

So these are balloons from my birthday way back at the beginning of December.

We decided we were tired of balloons.

And popped them. Oliver wouldn't go near the popped balloons and was actually scared of them.

I was volunteered to make decorations for the Midweek Meeting for Relief Society.




I was also volunteered to be the photographer.

I enjoyed all of it though.



It's what I like to do.

Here is a crazy picture for ya!

March-
My handsome little boy.

We purchased a real kitchen table. We were using Brenda's cardboard table with metal chairs. This table was $80 and came with 6 chairs and two leafs. We really love our wooden table and it is sturdy.

These were taken on a Sunday. We go to church at 1 in the afternoon.

We try to get him to take a nap before church and we were successful this day.

I had to wake him up and he was so cute I ran and got the camera.
He is slowly waking up.

Getting use to the idea of being awake and having his photo taken.

Course when is his picture not being taken.

He's fabulous! 

Oliver and Quentin do a lot of things like this together.

Either playing with Legos or taking something apart.

I was volunteered again for the Midweek Meeting Relief Society. This month was Relief Society's birthday.

I had fun again.

We went back on the origin of RS.

And learned about some of the RS presidents. They have name placecards on the tables.





This is one of my Young Women. I am the 1st counselor in the YW program and this gal, Kallie, her mom is the RS president. She is the one who volunteers me. I don't complain though. I love this gal by the way. She is moving to Rexburg, Idaho at the end of August.

So, yeah, here it is in March and we still have like 3 feet of snow. Likes the peeks?

This is our side yard.

Front yard. Look at that drift!

Quentin and Oliver playing in the snow bank making a cave.

More like Quentin is making the cave. Oliver caught me spying on them.

Kind of in the cave.

Oliver on top of the packed snow.

And daddy showing Oliver to lick the snow.

This was my spring wreath that I made. It turned out pretty nice. I also put a lace bow on it.

There you have it. January, February, and March of 2014. I am catching up! YEAH BABY! Hope you enjoyed it.







No comments:

Post a Comment