Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Three Months into Eternity

When I woke up this morning, Quentin rolled over and said, "Happy three months today!"
Today we are celebrating our three months together being married. We have planned to make a fun fetti cake, go on a walk, watch Courageous in the theater, and just spend time together. Today is just for us.

Life with Quentin seems like it has been longer than three months when it reality, it has only been three months. I don't know if being married changes your time clock, but I don't know where the time has gone. I can say that I have enjoyed every single second of these three months. I love being married. Now that I am married, I wouldn't trade it for anything or go back to the single life. Quentin is my best friend in the entire world and our relationship has gone through some ups and downs but we went through them together. Our relationship has definitely been stretched and tried with Satan bugging us and trying to tear us apart. I know some Saturdays I didn't want to go to the temple or I got upset that we went to the temple later in the day, but Quentin has been there to uplift me and help me see the positive in situations. With this our relationship has grown and been strengthen with Heavenly Father's help.

My new life with Quentin, gosh, I really can't explain my life with Quentin. It is everything I wished for, hoped for, and prayed for. I never expected such a wonderful, peaceful, exciting, happy, comfortable, stressful, and hard life. I knew that it was going to be hard, but I didn't know how hard. Mostly it is just me over thinking and having the little things get to me. But I am learning to be more patient with my husband. He is hard to understand sometimes and other times, he is a real tender person.

I love it when I come home from class and find the laundry washed and dried, the floor vacuumed, lunch in the process of being made, and he did all this while working and playing. He impresses me sometimes with some of the stuff he does. I still haven't had breakfast in bed or a treasure hunt to find a picnic set up. But I guess that is just my fantasy which is fine. I receive some much better acts of love like a head massage, a foot massage, him warming up my side of the bed when it is time to go to bed. He helps me choose what to wear on Sundays and some weekdays. 

I love it when we do things together. We wash the dishes together, make dinner together, eat all our meals together. We do everything together. I can't imagine doing anything without him. I don't want to hang out with anyone else, not even my best girlies. If someone invites me to go do something or go somewhere, I always ask, "Can I bring Quentin?" Most of them are irritated and think that I need some time alone away from him. Then I tell them that I won't go unless Quentin is with me. I think I have lost some friends because of that but I don't really mind because I just care what Quentin thinks and feels. He is the one I am going to spend eternity with and he will be the one in my future.

I love you Quentin, don't ever forget that or doubt it!




4 comments:

  1. Yes, that is just how i feel, thank-you for expressing it.

    daddy skousen

    ReplyDelete
  2. i mean i agree with you tailour not abe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I think I knew what you meant :) and you are welcome!

    ReplyDelete