Friday, August 2, 2013

Fun stuff

I am getting way behind on my blog posts and I am going to use nap time to play catch up. So bear with me. Also these are going to be short and not as detailed as I would like them to be because Oliver doesn't take long naps anymore.

I know Father's day was two months ago and I don't really remember everything but I will do my best. Father's day was exciting for me because it was Quentin's first Father's Day. I made him a memory book from Shutterfly. It tells a story of Oliver looking up to his dad and thanking him for the things that he has taught him so far. It is really cute. It has pictures of just Quentin and Oliver. I think I did a nice job and thanks to Shutterfly for helping me make it.
Oliver and I gave Quentin the book and some Reese's Pieces. At church there were some nice talks. I can't remember if  there were handouts for the fathers. I think we went on a walk after church. It was just a really nice day for us all.

Quentin's 30th birthday was in June and I had fun planning that out. I just invited family, the missionaries, and one family friend. It was suppose to rain that day but I kept going with the plan of having an outdoor camp out party. It didn't rain thankfully and we got to make a fire and have hot dogs over the fire. I made a gluten free cheesecake with everybody enjoyed. I also made 3D cardboard numbers and wrapped them in birthday wrapping paper. The numbers were a 3 and a 0 because that is what my love was turning that day. We had some outdoor games going on like volleyball, Frisbee, horseshoes, bad-mitten, and something else. It was a good day. Quentin really enjoyed it too. He said that was the first birthday that he has ever been excited about and that made me smile.











The 4th of July was a fun day for us. We watched a parade that was held in town. Oliver ate graham crackers and drank water during the whole parade. Quentin dropped his phone and cracked it. ( And then he dropped it a couple days after that. It is a good thing he had insurance on it because I wasn't about to pay $400 for another phone.) After the parade we came home and had some watermelon and lunch. I think we went to Beaver Brook Falls but I don't really remember. That night we went over to Quentin's Aunt Saundra's place and watched the fireworks from her porch. It was neat. Oliver was sleeping but then woke up from the noises of the fireworks. I was surprised that he didn't cry at all. He would watch them and then close his eyes because they were bright and he just woke up. That was his first firework show. We then came home and went straight to bed because we were pooped! I wish I took pictures but I didn't. I'm sorry.

We recently found a place to live. Our closing date is August 15 and we are super excited to finally have our own place and to move out of his parent's house. We wanted a house with several bedrooms and that came with some land. The property would also have to have access to fast internet because that is basically Quentin's job. Well we looked and looked and looked and we found some nice land but the houses were just trash and gross and not livable. We got desperate so we found a place in town but not directly in town which is nice that way we still have some privacy. We are purchasing a trailer that is in a really well kept trailer park. There are many people that live there. The trailer has three bedrooms and one bath. It comes with two decks and a carport. We also get to choose what tree we want on our lot. The trailer park is also very quite and there aren't a whole lot of children there but there are some. We are just going to be here for a few years until we can find a place that has everything we want.

So that is an update on our little family. Oh and there he is. Oliver is calling my name peeps. Sorry for such a short update.

No comments:

Post a Comment