Wednesday, September 19, 2012

There's a first for everything!

WOOT WOOT! I have accomplished something in this life. A couple weeks ago I noticed Q's hair was getting really long and that it needed to be cut. I told him my discovery and he agreed and that we should set up an appointment to get his hair cut. A week went by and we never called.
I jokingly gave a suggestion that I could cut it. He didn't pick up on that I guess and said, "OK!"
Now I was in big trouble because I have never cut hair before. I remember my mom teaching me how to cut baby hair but that was like what? FIVE YEARS AGO!? I decided to look at YouTube videos to get me going and to have some confidence when I started cutting his hair. I found one video that really helped me understand what I was suppose to do. I watched that video like ten times.

We went to Wal- Mart to buy some supplies. We bought barber scissors, a cape, a spritz bottle, and a comb. We get home and Quentin went to take a shower so his hair could be clean, wet, and ready to go. *Gulp* Time to cut his hair. I stood there combing his hair for like five minutes trying to build up the confidence to actually CUT his hair. I didn't want to mess up or for him to be bald. I finally just snipped some hair and I got a little excited. So I kept going and was having fun. I was gaining confidence as I went along. I forgot how long it took me to cut his hair but it took a long while.

I got a mirror so he could check out his short hair cut by his awesome wife. He had some spots where he wanted it shorter and he told me how to cut the hair around his ears. So I did what he requested and had him look at it again. He approved. I just have to say that I did better than the old lady who cut his hair last. I feel accomplished :)

Here are the before and after pictures. Yes, he likes to make faces. I think he just crazy and I love him.

Yes I took the before pictures of his hair. Sorry about that. But you get an idea of how long it was.

He has a tail in the back! EW!

Precious and wonderfully short. He looks better with short hair.

Look at his profile, isn't he cute!? I think so! OH! And no more tail in the back.

I might be cutting his hair for now on which is fine with me because it gives me experience for when our kids need a haircut. I need to learn how to cut my hair so I can cut my girls hair. I should have been a hair dresser, I think I did a pretty good job for my first time. 

3 comments: