Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Q's 29th Birthday!

This year, I got to celebrate a first birthday with my husband. He turned twenty nine on June 18th but still looks like he is nineteen or twenty. I hope our kids get that gene.

I woke up that morning really early! Like at five! I had to wake up that early because Quentin gets up before I do and I wanted to surprise him for his birthday. I decorated our living room with streamers, balloons, and a sign that said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY". I also put streamers on our hallway entry way so you can walk through them and feel awesome!
 Me being pregnant, it took a while to decorate our small living area.  It was a lot of moving around. I am also short so I had to stand on a chair to hang the sign and the streamers. Blowing up the balloons took forever because I kept running out of air and it hurt my stomach. I also didn't like the smell of balloons so I almost up chucked.

I survived though! After the living room was decorated, the hallway filled with balloons, and his first present set beside his computer I went back to bed. When I woke up and entered the living room, my handsome husband turned around and gave me a huge smile. I knew that I did good when I saw him all happy. He told me that I didn't have to do that and that he has to think of something better to do for me when my birthday comes around.

Merritt came over in the early afternoon to drop off her present. She got him a really nice pastry cutter which he has been wanting for ages! He really likes it and uses often. She then left to go do something. Quentin had to worked on his birthday and I don't remember what I did that day. I think I was trying to look extra nice that day so I did my makeup all special and I think I wanted to curl my hair but I didn't because I didn't have enough energy to perform that task(ugh, the downfall of being pregnant). During his lunch break we played with the streamers that were attached to the ceiling fan. WE HAD A BLAST! Quentin took a couple of videos but they are on his phone. Hopefully I can get those and show them off.

That evening his second present came in the mail. I am so glad that it came on his birthday and not the day after! He opened up the package to find a new hoodie! *side note here: My husband is in love with hoodies!* He got a maroon colored hoodie. He tried it on and man does he look good. It also makes him look slim. He wore it for the rest of the night which made me happy.

Also for dinner we had his sister, Merritt, and her guy friend, Patrick, over. We had gluten free cheeseburger pie which was delicious! Afterwards we had a gluten free cake with ice cream. I will admit that I wasn't too fond of the cake and didn't finish my piece. But everyone else liked it and ate all of their pieces. I felt embarrassed and ashamed for not eating cake on my husband's birthday.

It was a good day though and I tried to make it a memorable birthday for Quentin. I had fun decorating and surprising him. I enjoyed seeing his face light up when he received presents. I hope he enjoyed his birthday!
Here are some pictures from that day:
This is Quentin showing off his cake.
Me lighting the candles with Eco green matches. Quentin is making that face because those matches STINK!

Quentin blowing out his candles after we sang Happy Birthday to him. 
                                                        Thank you Merritt for the pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment