Sunday, December 18, 2011

Birthday Surprise(s)

December 7th was my twenty first birthday! I am now legal to drink...if I wanted to drink that is...and I don't. I am sure the theater, the gas station, and any other place is going to ask for my ID because I look young. I like proving people wrong about my age! Well, let's go on to the events that made my special day so FANTABULOUS!!!
I was in my bed sleeping. I felt Quentin get up at 6:30 a.m. as usual. I didn't get up with him because I didn't have class till two and I had plenty of time to get ready for the day. It was around 7:40 when Quentin flopped right on me and woke me up. He then whispered in my ear, "Happy Birthday!" It made me smile and remember that it was my birthday. He continued and said, "Do you want to see your surprise that I got you?" I was still waking up and not fully comprehending everything he said and I think he knew that I wasn't awake all the way. So he repeated himself. And the first thing I said was, "It is food?" He smiled and replied, "It's a surprise, you'll have to see." I got up out of bed and stumbled my way to the kitchen. I woke up instantly when I saw that he bought me donuts from the place that I have been wanting to get donuts from for a very long time. He got a dozen donuts:two had coconut on top, two were blueberry crumbles, two had peanuts on top, two were maple, and the other four were old fashioned. They are from Paradise donuts and they are so fresh, warm, and delicious! He did good buying that for my birthday breakfast.
After we ate two donuts he headed off to work. I took a shower and got ready for my class. Since it was my birthday I wanted to look really pretty. I curled my hair, put a little more make up on than I usually do, and wore one of my nice outfits. Quentin and I talked on Google Talk while I was finishing up some homework. I asked him when he was going to come home for lunch and he said around 12:30. I then asked him what he wanted for lunch, by the way we race each other to ask that question so we don't have to think of what to make for lunch or dinner. I can't remember what we had for lunch. I guess I should mention this, the day before my birthday he took me out to a mexican restaurant called Costa Vida. It was so delectable. When Quentin told me that he was on his way home for lunch I got excited. I always miss him when he goes to work. I jumped up and went to one of our living room windows and waited to see the car drive by. I waited and waited and waited. Ten minutes went by and I was starting to get a little impatience. He is usually home in five-eight minutes. I texted him and he didn't reply. So I decided to play a game on the computer. Right as I got on, I hear the door swing open and I see him walk in with a huge smile on his face, a dozen red roses in one hand and a box of chocolates in the other hand. I jumped up so happy and I felt kind of spoiled that he actually got me them. We embraced in a huge hug. He told me there was a note and that I should read it. It said, "Happy Birthday and many more. I love you. I know you don't like live flowers, so I got you these so you can watch them die :) <3 Q" I laughed that he wrote that. After all that mushy stuff, we ate lunch and watch an episode of House.


He then dropped me off at my class and he went back to work. I walked up the stairs to my class and found it empty. There was one fellow there from my class and I asked him if we have class. He said he just checked his email and said that the teacher is picking up his son from the Salt Lake City Airport from his mission and we won't be having class today. I jumped for joy! My birthday was getting better and better. I got on my new phone and Google Talked to Quentin and told him that I don't have class and asked if I could join him at work. I am sure you know his answer so I walked over to his work place and joined him in his office. I did some homework that was due the next day and started watching a movie.
Quentin was done with work at 5:30 and we drove home. I opened presents from my family and Merritt. I got two movies and peanut M&M's. Merritt came over to celebrate with me. For dinner we made a meatloaf and ate it with green beans. That was yummy! Merritt and Quentin made me a FunFetti cake that my mom sent me. They wouldn't let me into my kitchen while they were doing stuff to it. So I played another game waiting. After like thirty minutes or so they allowed me back into the kitchen and showed me their wonderful masterpiece. They lit a match and put it on the cake. We didn't have any candles.


  Do you see Quentin's facial hair? I wanted him to grow it so I can see what he looks like with hair. I like him better with out any facial hair! He shaved it like a week ago.

The cake is written in chocolate syrup and says, "Happy Birthday Stinkin' Ginger". It made me laugh! We ate the cake and enjoyed the rest of the night. And of course I got birthday spankings....




No comments:

Post a Comment