Friday, October 7, 2011

Who Me? Coudn't Be.... Then Who?


In September Quentin and I bought our first car together, a 1988 Saab 900. It is a dark blue color and an automatic with an AC that doesn't work, minor cracks on the dashboard, the speedometer doesn't work, it has heated seats and a CD player. Oh this is pretty neat, the ignition is between the seats and the hood opens forward!!! Like a school bus or an eighteen wheeler.


This is a side view of our loverly car!
                                                                                 
This is in between our seats which leaves no room for coins or our phones.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I drive the car to school because Quentin stays at home to work. Yesterday, Thursday, after all my classes which ended at like two, I get into the car and start it. It sounded kind of weird but it was still running so I drove out of the driveway and onto the street, then it completely broke down. I was so embarrassed because there was a huge line in front of me and behind me. I was mostly concerned about the people behind be. I rolled down my window and waved them to just pass me.

I tried to restart it again and again and again. It wouldn't start at all which made me frustrated and sad. I called Quentin and told him that I broke the car and I am in the middle of the road in everyone's way. He said, "Uh ook, I will be right there." Then to my surprise a big BYU-I dump truck  pulled over and three guys jumped out and yelled through my window that they are going to push me to the curb and to put the car in neutral. I did as they said and guided the car to the curb. After that they tapped on my window and said, "There you go! Have a nice day." I was so grateful for them!

Then I just sat in the car, frozen stiff. Oh I forgot to mention yesterdays weather! The weather makes this experience all the more miserable. Yesterdays forecast was SNOW! and rain. I think the temperature was around 37 degrees.Online it said that it was just going to rain and I wore jeans, a shirt and hoodie, and my rain boots,not clothing suitable for SNOW! So there I was, sitting in the car, alone and frozen. For some reason I thought that I was going to die in the cold and that I can't go anywhere. Then I remembered that I am only three blocks away from my apartment and my car is parked right in front of Merritt's house and campus is twenty steps away. Silly of me to let my mind wander such things. I said a little prayer hoping the car would start after I finished my prayer. Nope, didn't work. So I put my head on the wheel. Then I look up and I see my lovely husband to my rescue! I was very glad to see him.

He took my place in the drivers seat and I sat in the passenger's seat. He tried to start it several times like I did. He said that it sounds like there is no gasoline getting to the engine. He said that we are going to have to get some parts and fix it. We couldn't drive home, so we walked back home in the freezing rain and snow, wind blowing on us. I literally couldn't feel my body yet I know that I was still moving. My toes, knees, butt, and hands were frozen! When we finally got home, Quentin made hot chocolate! Mmm Mmm Good! We dunked crumbled donuts in our hot hot chocolate and played League of Legends. I was still super cold so I brought out my electric blanket, plugged it in, turned it on, and wrapped it around me. I had it on high and it felt soooooooo good to have that heat on me.

It was an interesting day. Today is going to be even more interesting, walking to class in the snow. I wonder if our car has gotten a parking ticket yet. We are going to have to find someone to move it back to our apartment for us. Quentin has a friend that will help us fix the car, we just have to buy the part. I hope it starts working again because I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment