Monday, September 8, 2014

He is how old?!

When people look at Quentin they think that he is between the ages of 24 and 26. I'm sure this makes him feel good about himself, until he climbs a mountain and remembers that he is old. I mean he is ancient people! This year he turned a glorious number of 31. THIRTY ONE! Okay, I'll stop because he reads my blog and I don't want to make him feel old over the internet. I love you dear!

Of course we had a party, he's married to me for heaven's sake. I didn't take any notes and I don't think I wrote it in my journal so I am playing off my memory here.Which isn't good right now because I have been experiencing what is called Placenta Brain with this pregnancy.

I remember that Quentin wanted a low key party and I asked him what that meant. He said that he just wanted family over and that he didn't want me doing a whole lot(because at the time I wasn't feeling good with the pregnancy). I told him it was okay with me but what exactly do you want me to do. He told me that he wants me to make a cake and to not have any decorations. I went a little crazy in my brain. But I was fine with it in the end.

Quentin's birthday is June 18th which was on a Wednesday this year. His sister, Lara, has Sunday-Tuesday off so we held his birthday party on a Tuesday. It was great fun because everyone was there (At Q's parent's house) and we were the last ones to arrive. I don't like being late but I thought that the birthday boy could make his grand entrance.

I made him a gluten free cake and his mom made cupcakes that spelled out, "Happy Birthday Quentin", and the guests ate those. Oh wait! NO! I didn't make him a gluten free cake, well I did but it wasn't a cake. It was an ice-cream cake. It was french vanilla ice cream with raspberry (his favorite berry) sherbet in the middle. I also put real raspberries on the top with almond shavings and slices on the side. I tell ya what, making that cake was an experience and I wouldn't want to do it again. But it was what he wanted and I love serving my husband and making him happy so I made him one.

After we sang happy birthday and ate cake and ice cream he opened his presents. He knew some of them but I surprised him with a few extra. I don't remember his presents.... I think he got a camera cleaning kit, Bridge to Terabethia, umm, yeah. That is all I can remember.

Next we sat around a bit being fat and all. Then we went outside and played games like bad-minton, horse shoes, and Frisbee. It was grand fun.

Now for some pictures. My sister-in-law, Lara, took these so the credit goes to her.

So there is a story behind this vase. I think it goes like this.
I was asking Q what he wanted for his birthday and he said, "I want a tiny vase." I looked at him and he said that he was serious. I told him that I am not getting him a tiny vase. He said that maybe someone else will. I laughed and said, "Yeah because when someone looks at you they think, hey! I think I will get him a tiny vase for his birthday."
Well guess what. His sister Lara made him a tiny vase and gave it to him for his birthday. We were surprised and then laughed because of the conversation we had.



Posing with his tiny vase.

YUM

Oliver and one of his many faces.

HAHA! His niece, Maya, wrapped a toilet paper roll in paper and gave it to him. Everyone had a good laugh.

You usually see Oliver in this position playing with his cars.

With Grumpa looking at tadpoles I believe.

Horse-shoes.

Awesome shots of the bad-minton playing.

That is my hubby.

And there were a few times where they ran into the net.

There ya have it. Next post, I'M PREGNANT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment