Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Life for the past month

Today my little man, Oliver, is one month. I can't believe how fast time flies and yet it seems longer than a month that he came into our little family. I have enjoyed the one month that he has been with us so far. I am looking forward to many more delightful and sleepless nights with this adorable baby.

He has gotten heavier and a little chunkier. He likes to pee on me after I have changed his diaper. I have never done this much laundry in my life! I am always washing his blankets and my clothes. I know it isn't going to end anytime soon so I just think of his pee as his way of telling me that he loves me. haha
He recently has learned that mommy will give into his grunts and other little noises at night when we are trying to sleep. He won't sleep in his crib. Oliver likes to sleep on my chest and that is the only way I can get two- three hours of sleep at a time. When it is daddy's turn, Oliver straightens right up. He will sleep on his own for the same amount of time. I think he is scared of Quentin or just knows who is in charge. I'm trying to learn from Quentin, I have only succeeded twice. He is just so cute and it is hard to ignore or deny him.
I JUST HAVE TO HOLD HIM!!!
I love it when he sleeps and he makes all kinds of faces. My favorite is when he smiles. My next favorite is when he purses his lips together and raises his eyebrows. He takes forever to wake up. He has to stretch, move his head side to side, make all kinds of noises, and then he slowly opens his eyes and looks around. Oliver is like Quentin when it comes to waking up, takes forever and you shouldn't disturb them or they will just go back to sleep. Oliver is like me in that when we are sleeping, we are in deep sleep. We can sleep though anything.

Oliver likes riding in the car, in fact he loves it. He falls asleep instantly. Last night when Q and I went shopping Oliver cried and cried on our way to the store. It was the worse cry I have heard him yelp! He wouldn't fall asleep and his cry was breaking my heart. I wanted to help him but I couldn't because he just wanted to be held. It almost made me cry. I felt bad the rest of the night, I thought I was a bad mommy. I held him most of the night and I figured he forgave me.

Oliver has very strong muscles. He can hold his head up for a couple minutes. He likes to use his leg muscles and kick my stomach. His hand grip is firm and tight. He is a strong little boy. He likes to move around a lot which is funny because he moved around all the time when he was in the womb. I am glad that I have a strong and healthy baby boy.

Quentin and I are very proud parents. We are so grateful that Oliver is ours and that he is in our lives. There have been a lot of changes but we like the changes. We are happy that Heavenly Father chose us to be Oliver's parents and we pray every night that God will teach us how to be good parents. It is hard being a mom but the most awarding thing. I love being a mom. At first it was frustrating and I would cry but I am getting the hang of it. My life is definitely for the better. The only thing I worry about is handling more than one kid. I don't know if I can do it. I am sure we will have more kids but that is later down the road. I am enjoying my time with Oliver right now. He has brought so much joy and happiness into our little family.

Here are some pictures of little Oliver:

This is Oliver hanging out with daddy.
Oliver says, "Wats up dawg?"

Again, this is Oliver hanging out with daddy.

This is Oliver's thinking pose.

This is how Oliver sleeps most of the time, with his arms out by his head.

This is Oliver after his bath in his hooded towel. Isn't he adorable?

I love starring into his dark blue eyes. It is like he can see through me and still loves all of me. 
OH! And he finally lost his thick cord on Thanksgiving Day. 
My family came to visit for their Thanksgiving break and met Oliver. My mom is a proud grandma and my siblings love being aunts and uncles. 
My mom did a little family photo shoot of. Thank you momma!


Me and my little man.

I am so in love with this kid.

My happy little family!


My two happy boys.

The Lion King pose.

Quentin is a proud father.

Proud grandma!





Life is really good right now. I love being a mom and starting a family. Quentin and I talk at night about how we are going to raise our kids and how to discipline them. We talk about how we are going to spend time with the kids and more importantly each other. Quentin and I talk about everything that is going to come to pass. I am glad that Quentin is my husband and the father of our children. He is my best friend and I am glad to have him in my life. He is very helpful, thoughtful, loving, gentle, and  honest. I don't think I could raise a kid on my own and I don't think I can live life without Quentin and now Oliver. I love my life and I am grateful Heavenly Father blesses me with such goodness.











4 comments:

  1. Tailour, you're glad you married Quentin, and so am I. Oliver is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had your baby! He is so CUTE! And I love the name Oliver. That's my brother's name. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the pics of your family! Being a mom is such a blessing. They change so fast! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete